Google+ Lilies and Laurel: About

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

About

I am a semi-reformed theater geek, with a passion for design!

I love experimenting with color and texture in my work. My style varies from delicate, elegant pieces to large, modern work in a riot of colors-- it all depends on my mood, and the season, and what materials I'm in love with at the moment.

My interest in designing and creating my own jewelry was first sparked by a middle school art class. I continued designing through high school and into college, where I majored in theater with an emphasis on costume and accessories.

After a detour through customer service and office management, I returned to my roots and became self-employed as a jewelry designer and artisan, selling my work at various venues around Portland and Eugene, as well as online. Since 2006 I have had a business on Etsy, first as Oak Moon Designs and now as Lilies and Laurel. Over the years I've expanded from jewelry to other accessories, bath and body products, and more.

In my "spare" time, I am mom to a fabulous daughter, and enjoy knitting, crocheting, sewing, photography and gardening.

0 comments :