Google+ Lilies and Laurel: Jewelry for a Cause

Friday, February 3, 2012

Jewelry for a Cause

I believe in giving back to my community, and this weekend am helping two great causes with some of my jewelry. If you're in the Willamette Valley, there are two events happening this Saturday, and either one will let you buy a Valentine's gift for your sweetheart while helping provide funding for a great Oregon organization.

Holt International is a wonderful adoption agency that was founded in my hometown over 50 years ago. The necklace in the picture will be available at their Gala Dinner and Auction this Saturday, in Eugene. More information about that event is available here.

The other fundraiser I'm helping with is for Three Treasures Farms, a non-profit horse rescue I've worked with for nearly 3 years, which provides opportunities for disadvantaged children and teens to learn from (and heal with) the horses. Their Valentine's Fundraiser is also this Saturday, and I've sent a table's worth of jewelry up to Portland for it. 50% of each piece sold at this event will benefit 3TF's programs. Read more about this fundraiser here.

Also, be sure to check my Etsy site regularly, as I'll be having several benefit sales online this year as well.

0 comments :